At Bettera Wellness, our daily focus is on sharing our wellness journey with others. As part of our commitment to the health and well-being of our valued employees, customers, and suppliers, we are carefully monitoring 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). While there is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19, there are steps we can take to improve our general health. We’d like to share some simple and effective actions everyone can take to protect themselves and their wider community:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or before you prepare or eat food or touched anything used by someone else. Avoid touching nose, eyes and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze. Throw used tissues in the trash and immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care. Knowing when to stay home sick can help prevent others from catching your cold or flu or other contagious illness.
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are higher risk of getting very sick. If your company allows it, work from home.
Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks. Bleach does a fantastic job of killing germs.
- You should wear a facemask when you are around other people (e.g., sharing a room or vehicle) and before you enter a healthcare provider’s office. You do not need to wear a facemask unless you are caring for someone who is sick.
As with a cold or the flu, drink plenty of fluids and get rest. Vitamins, minerals, and nutrients help to keep the body and mind strong and healthy.